Some Lesser Known Facts about Narendra Modi
- Does Narendra Modi Smoke?: No
- Does Narendra Modi Drink Alcohol?: No
- He was born to a family of oil-pressing community which is considered as the Other Backward Class.
- In his childhood, Modi wanted to join the Indian Army and tried to get himself enrolled in a Sainik School but due to financial constraints, he couldn’t get admission in Sainik School.
- Young Narendra Modi often lent his hands to his father’s tea-stall at the Vadnagar Railway Station.
- When he joined RSS, he was assigned to mop the floor at the RSS Headquarter in Ahmedabad.
- He was engaged to Jashodaben at a very young age.
- He doesn’t share his official residence with any of his family members.
- He undertook a 3 month course in the United States on Image Management and Public Realtions.
- After Barack Obama, Narendra Modi is the second most followed leader in the world on twitter.com/narendramodi (more than 12 million followers).
- He wears crease-less attires.
- During his tenure as the Chief Minister of Gujarat, it became world’s 2nd best State in 2010.
- He never took even a single day holiday during his 13 year tenure as the Chief Minister of Gujarat.
- Narendra Modi is considered as the most techno-savvy leader of India as he is very active on various social media platforms including twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- On 26 May 2014, he became the 1st ever Prime Minister of India to be born in the independent India.
- On 8 November 2016, in the most surprised move in the administrative history of India, he announced to demonetize the 500 & 1000 currency notes (the two biggest currencies in India).
- He always puts his signature in Hindi, whether it is a casual occasion or an official document.
- On 28 September 2014, he received a full-house reception at the Madison Square Garden in New York